Tuesday, February 3, 2009

EI! EI! EI!

I am sitting in a coffee shop and typing comfortably on my new computer (Petula? orrrrrrruhhhh...let's sayyyyyyy...the Cerulean Cexputer? Still working on the name). I'm having a great time, but I have no idea how I'm going to go to the bathroom because I don't want to have to pack everything up and take it with me.

In other news, I was just listening to the best song in the world, and now my heart is pounding like I just drank 2 cups of coffee. Who cares where it came from? I LOVE IT! Everyone has a song like that, that just energizes them. MAN, I need to pee though.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do all those camped-out coffee shop dudes manage this maneuver? I never see anyone carrying all their laptop paraphernalia into the loo.

Hide the Cexputer under a bunch of napkins maybe, or tell the barista you will cover the tab for any extra-hot drink they have to throw at a thief.

Gordon Houghstaedtlermeyer said...

I solved the problem with a little old-fashioned "ask-the-person-sitting-next-to-you-who-owes-you-a-favour-because-you-let-him-plug-his-computer-into-your-portable-power-bar" ism.

There's an old Dilbert comic where Dilbert shows off his new cellphone, pager and laptop to Dogbert and boasts that now he can work anywhere. Dogbert gives him a couple of locales as an example ("work outside? in a restaurant?"), but Dilbert has an excuse for each one ("too dangerous, too rude").

Dogbert then points out to Dilbert, "Basically, you carry them around everywhere and worry that they'll get stolen".

Hmm, Cexputer, Cexputer...it just might be bad enough to be good...

Anonymous said...

sigh. dude!

Gordon Houghstaedtlermeyer said...

Sorry. I've been working on my other non-pseudonym blog. Anyway, I thought you were leaving the scene!?