Monday, February 2, 2009

New Technology 2000

I am sitting in my living room...with a LAPTOP...on TOP...of my LAP. Now I see what all the fuss is about. I have never been so comfortable whilst typing. I have yet to take it outside. Not because I'm afraid of damage (though I am) but because I just haven't bothered to go outside recently.

Everything flies on this thing. I can have numerous apps running, a video in the background, and still be able to Skype my parents. This is what computing should be! Hooray. Okay, enough.

In other news, have you ever been in a situation where you wish the earth would swallow you whole so that you could escape your feelings of shame and embarrassment, while your "friends" look on with indifference? I mean, since your junior prom? Ridiculous. I don't think I can post this whole story (even I think I'm blowing it out of proportion, in retrospect), but this would have been a lot more traumatic if it weren't for the fact that this happens regularly. Like, about once a year. With a different set of friends each time, of course.

No, it's no longer a huge disappointment or shock when people I know let me down. You know, I just read what I wrote, and BOY do I sound like a nut. Oh well, who cares. Viva la internet anonymous.

In other news, I need a name for my computer. I like to name my technology. I welcome all my fan to offer suggestions. No, that wasn't a typo, there is only one person who reads this blog. Grumpus, feel free to offer suggestions.

I know all my fan by name! I haven't lost the common touch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's plenty of robot-ty techy names out there to choose from. Seroxat? Avanza? Edronax? Timmy?

I, too, recently bought a lap top. LIFE IS BETTER. I never thought of giving it a name...now I will, because then when someone hears me talking about my plans for after work they think it will involve another breathing being.

It's initials are HP, so maybe Hortense-Prudence? (Shortly after getting what I thought was a fantastic deal I was roundly derided by "in the know" computer saavy friends about my choice...).

I hope you realize the mere allusion to your social torment in para. 3 is maddening. Will not you spill more? I feel like shit every day, and the only thing that helps fortify me is hearing other people's tales of woe.

Gordon Houghstaedtlermeyer said...

Tee hee. Your name examples are great. Seroxat-Avanza sounds like something my doctor would prescribe after the surgery. Edronax is the brand name. The doctor's name is Timmy. Hmm... Episode 1...

I have always loved the name Hortense (is your horse too stressed? Try new "Hortense"! A bit literal, I know, but it's a funny name). It always reminds me of when Bart Simpson called Lisa's new doll "Hortense the Mule-Faced Doll".

I like naming my technology. It makes me feel like a king surrounded by his subjects. A crazy, crazy king. My last computer was named Plovis (it's a long story). My PS2 is Augusta, and so forth.