Sunday, September 7, 2008

Unemploy'd!

I lost my job recently. It was a crap job, but it sure paid the bills. Nevertheless, this is my BIG CHANCE!

Your chance for what, I hear you asking, eerily. Why, my chance to find a job I actually like, says I to your disembodied voice.

I've been living in the quite frankly awesome fricken city for a year now. I love Vancouver, but getting settled into a life has been an ordeal wrapped in a trial, covered in tests. Shitty jobs, ker-AZAY bosses, conniving co-workers, a tight job market, and here's little me, small town Joe trying to make it in the big city. Go, Gordon! Don't give up, Gordon!

I have been searching for about three weeks, to no avail. I'm not giving up yet, though. One of the things I wanted to do more of now that I live in this city is write. Being a colossally lazy bastard, however, I have decided to start a blog to force myself to write every day, in the mistaken belief that people will be checking my blog regularly or at all.

Well, here goes. Whoops, my quesadilla is ready. God, I'm fat.

2 comments:

danielle said...

Don't give up Gordon indeed!

Serious. I like your style, one measly post in.

Since you have the last remaining blogger name, now you must beat the odds and do more than 3 posts, unlike those fuckers still hogging up all the great site names with their depressing, lone entry from 2006.

Gordon Houghstaedtlermeyer said...

Thank you! You are a wonderful person. I suppose I could have just posted this comment rather than creating a whole new blog entry.